Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blueberry Lemon Curd Tarts


Lemon Curd is my topping of choice for scones and biscuits. And last week, I found a recipe for Lemon Curd on Tartelette that did not use butter! The other times I have made curd, the recipes I used called for gobs of butter. Now that I found this one, I will have no reason not to make it as often as I can!

You can click on the link above for the curd recipe. I used vanilla, even though she didn't. It softened the pertness just a bit.

Tartelette made mini tarts out of it...so I decided to try the same!

Blueberry Lemon Curd Tarts
1 refrigerated pie crust
1 package blueberries
1 batch Lemon Curd

Using a biscuit cutter, cut circles out of the pie crust and fit into a mini muffin pan. Bake at 400 for about 7-8 minutes. Meanwhile, make the curd and wash the blueberries.

Once the crusts are done, remove from pan and fill each with about 1/2 Tbsp of curd. Top with 3 blueberries each. Enjoy!

I think these are best cold. And I'm sure they would be better with homemade pie crust...but the ready-made stuff is good in a pinch or for a quick delicious dessert!

Calories per tart: 72

2 comments:

  1. Sounds easy and looks delish! I think I'll use this lemon curd recipe next time I need it to fill ebelskiver pancakes.

    ReplyDelete