Friday, May 20, 2011

Gourmet Pizza


No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth. My sister got married last Sunday, and so it has been crazy!

Plus I started an awesome new job yesterday with Darae and Friends Catering and I am loving it! It will take a while for me to get used to making huge amounts of everything. I am learning some great techniques and am chock full of ideas for party food...if only I had the space to host one!!

I figured I would catch you up on what I've been making. A while ago, Ryan and I had this pizza...and I felt like going a little gourmet with the toppings.

I used Weisenberger's Pizza Crust Mix since I didn't have time that morning to make it from scratch.


For the toppings (above and beyond some marinara sauce and a sprinkling of some pizza cheese mix), we used sun-dried tomatoes, a large yellow tomato, goat cheese, and thinly sliced new potatoes and arugula from the farmer's market. I also drizzled it with truffle oil!


Of course, Ryan added sausage to his side.


Delicious!

I also made a salad with the arugula and romaine and topped it with some local cucumbers, then more of the yellow tomato (it was huge!) and goat cheese.


Well, I hope to be back on here very soon writing about a pasta dish I made with smoked (!) asparagus and gorgonzola cheese, as well as the dessert I made for my sister's bachelorette party...a full-fledged croquembouche!

No comments:

Post a Comment